Wings and Wheels 2023 Event
at Stafford Airport
Stafford Regional Airport
Wings and Wheels 2023
August 5 is the full event, including a car show and Commemorative Air Force flights
August 6 is for Commemorative Air Force flights only.
Admission is FREE
Proceeds benefit “Cooking for Autism” charity
No charge for Parking
Aircraft Available for Flights
The WACO biplane was build in the 1930’s until 1942 as a primary trainer in the Civilian Pilot Training Center. www.CapitalWingWarbirdRides.org.
The Stearman is an open cockpit, tandem seating biplane that can be used for acrobatics. The flight is for one person and is scheduled for 30 minutes in duration. To schedule a flight go to www.CapitalWingWarbirdRides.org.
Piper L-4 Liaison
This aircraft is a Piper L-4 Liaison. This designation was used by the US Army during WWII for the iconic Piper Cub, which was employed primarily as an observation and liaison aircraft. To schedule a flight go to www.CapitalWingWarbirdRides.org
Static Displays and Other Attractions
- Saturday Only, 1000 – 1600:
- Tango Mike (TM) Auto Detailing and ‘Stangs and Fangs are sponsoring an automobile display. Both will have a few high end cars and truck exhibited the east end of the perpendicular ramp area, parked along the road parallel to the brown hangars and along the taxiway.
- The Commemorative Air Force will have several aircraft on display, including an Alouette Helicopter, a Fuji LM-1 training aircraft, and C-47 cargo aircraft on display and available for tours of the inside. The CAF will have a B-26 Machine Gun Terret and merchandise from the Capital Air Wing.
- The Virginia Department of Aviation will bring a static display of the ICON A-5 Seaplane with an interactive flight simulator that is available for “flying” to the general public.
- The Experimental Aircraft Association, Chapter 1099 will have a vendor booth and will feature an RV-4 that was build by a pilot and if fully airworthy.
- Aero masters Remotely Controlled Aircraft Club will have a booth and a static display of some RC aircraft. Not yet confirmed will be a flight demonstration along the grass area next to the brown hangars.
- The United Methodist Church will provide tented seating, water and displays. They will be sponsoring a sanctioned race at the airport on Saturday, September 16 in the evening. Anyone who is interested in participating in the race may sign up.
- Civil Air Patrol (CAP) will have an aircraft on display and offer information for anyone who would like to inquire about becoming a member. CAP has a cadet program as well as opportunities for adults to participate as part of Emergency Services operations.
- Aviation Adventures Flight School will have a display aircraft as well as a vendor booth. Anyone interested in flight training will be able to talk to either a customer service representative or an instructor about how to earn a pilot license.
- Cream to Go will be selling ice cream and Boba Tea.